MEMO - Announcements
If you are unable to work your shift or will be late call 608-267-3950 and PRESS #2 to "leave a message for your supervisor" to ensure your call in is recorded.
DRESS CODE: Employees are expected to adhere to work rules and dress code policy. Willful violators will see their actions resulted in future schedules and as always may be sent home if not in uniform. The most common violations to be noted are:
1) Pants: Sweatpants or non-form fitting i.e., saggy-droopy pants are not allowed. Whatever you are wearing underneath your uniform pants, should not be seen. A belt may be required for function (not fashion) to actually hold the pants to your body at the hips/waist.
2) Covering STAFF uniform shirt by wearing hoodies, coats or sweatshirts over the t-shirt is not acceptable. There is a reason we went with BOLD lettering on the shirts, so Staff is recognized at a distance as here to work and assist. If a larger t-shirt is needed for layering OVER other clothing for warmth, please ask.
3) Hats: Winter knit/stocking caps can be purchased anywhere for literally a few dollars. All hats including baseball caps, must be solid black or blue in color or be an AEC or New Holland issued hat.
BREAK ROOM/BREAKS: Breaks are not to be taken in public spaces including Lobby Benches or unused office spaces. Break rooms are shared space with multiple shifts and departments; they are not your personal living area. Respect your area and the space for others, PICK UP AFTER YOURSELF AND THROW ITEMS AWAY PROPERLY!
TIME CLOCK: Step by step instructions to clock & code are posted right at the time clock. SLOW DOWN, TAKE 30 SECONDS TO ENSURE YOUR TIME IS ACCOUNTED FOR SO YOU ARE PAID IN FULL. Remember this is your pay check on the line. Pay close attention to all punches including lunch punches as missing a punch here could easily negate the last half of your shift.
1) Clock in and scan the appropriate distribution code at the start of your shift and any time your Center/Lead Worker tells you to code to a different event.
2) Employees are expected to clock out and IN for lunch. If you do not clock back in, or fail to clock out at all, a minimum of one hour will be deducted.
OPERATIONS DEPARTMENT NEWS
Thank you to everyone as we close in on our largest annual event, World Dairy Expo. This is a very long stretch for all of us but know we appreciate your commitment and stamina for a job well done.
PER COUNTY ORDINANCE, SMOKING IS NOT ALLOWED IN OR ON COUNTY BUILDINGS AND PROPERTIES, THIS INCLUDES FORKLIFTS, VEHICLES AND EQUIPMENT. Smoking is only allowed on breaks and in designated areas.
Ear buds are not allowed to be worn while working. This is a safety and awareness issue when large, heavy equipment is coming and going. It is equally an unprofessional presentation to our Clients and Guests. Ear buds in the ear or hanging around your neck and cell phones in the hand do not give the impression you are here to work or service the client, which is the reason we have a job here.
Cell phones should not be visible or in use while working unless you are on break. If employees continue with personal calls, texting or "working" with your hands on, head down focused on the phone, while on the clock, I will require all phones to be left in your vehicle or locker and not on your person.